Safety Tips on the Streets
- Day or night, do not walk in dark streets, alleys and unsafe shortcuts.
- Stay away from dark isolated places or vacant lots at night. These areas are hangouts of criminals. Do not take chances.
- Do not walk between parked cars in parking lots. Avoid walking alone in unlit and uncertain places. At night, wait for buses, taxicabs or jeepneys in well-lighted areas.
- When going to economically depressed areas (slums/squatter’s area) communities, do not wear expensive jewelry and carry substantial cash. If you decide to go to such places, remove your jewelry; this may save your life or limbs.
- Do not flash a lot of cash around when travelling. Money attracts the “bad eggs.”